First Aid Courses
AoFAQ Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work (QCF)
This 6 hour course is delivered over 1 day and includes hands on practice.
This course follows the Health & Safety Executives EFAW syllabus. On completion of training, successful candidates should be able to:
- Understand the role of the first-aider, including reference to:
- The importance of preventing cross infection.
- The need for recording incidents and actions.
- Use of available equipment.
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency.
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure).
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking.
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding.
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock.
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes, bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters).
You will need to pass a hands-on and written assessment in order to qualify.